Thursday, March 26, 2009

Living in a bit of a hectic life

26.3.2009 11.15 a.m

Another day, another story. The past two days have been hectic. Especially with assignments and of course, university stuff. At least, it was a change in pace in terms of life because before this, I was living in a very, very laidback lifestyle. Relaxing at home, watching the tube and doing stuffs that I can enjoy.

On Tuesday, I was at UiTM Malacca, attending the BBM class. It was the last class of this semester. Time does flies really fast. I was the only guy in that particular class, very frustrating. Then, I rushed back to KL with two of my groupmates, Adzim and Segat to go for the second interview with Shaikh Abbas, head of the CMTM. CMTM is the representative of the major players of the tobacco industry in Malaysia. At 12 p.m, we met up with the rest of the group, Dahlia and Fatin and went to see the mentioned person.

After being lost for a while, we arrived at the office and the interview started. It was a very interesting and mind-opening experience interviewing Shaikh Abbas. He talks about the tobacco industry in a very passionate way, condemning the NGO’s who wants to shut down the tobacco industry and also argues the importance of the tobacco industry. He also shared a lot of his experience with us. Also, being a UiTM Alumni of our field of study, he also shared some advice about how to tackle this mad world of communication. A very great experience for me and because this is the last project assignment, it meant a lot more. Here’s a picture of my team and Shaikh Abbas after the interview.


Sorry Adzim for not having you in the photo. :) The next day, I spent the whole day doing what I do best, sleeping and playing FM2008. But, evening was a bit different, I went back to Malacca, together with my team (more on them in coming entries) to attend a speech conducted by Biro Tatanegara. The stipulation was I we do not attend the speech, we will not graduate. So, we hastily went to Malacca (a very quick drive from KL to AG). To our disappointment, it was only a rumor. The speech was very boring indeed. It talked about the same things that have been said in the media recently, about Malay rights and so on. Thank god because there was an event at Padang Kawat and we quickly went there right after the speech.
I met with several friends there, including my ex-roomate Syafiq. He looked very thin and I was very worried about him. He should have eaten more. After mingling with friends at the event, it was time to go back to KL. It felt much quicker going back to KL than going to AG. Anyways, that was my two days of hecticness and in the coming days there will be more travelling. Searching for clothes for the MassComm dinner, getting back my car from Malacca, attending class as usual, more project stuffs, and many many more.
Until next time.
Ciao. (first time aku tulis fully dalam bahasa English. Cara ke tak?)
Notakecil:
-Jumpa my miss independent dua kali minggu ni. Rasa bahagia sangat. Now I can’t get her out of my head. Macam mana ni?
- Aku akan tutup lampu 28 Mac ni. Menyokong Earth Hour. A small step for us in preserving our world.
- Dah ada idea nak pakai baju apa for dinner. Cuma harap dapat bajet untuk membelinya. Kalau tak, mampus aku. Jawabnya pakai benda yang simple sahaja. Tak dapat nak mengimprove style diri.
- Baru perasan yang aku agak kerap memakai Internet. A signal or me to have my own broadband. Tapi kena tunggu degree la.
-Final on 21 bulan 4, lepas tu berakhirlah hidup sebagai pelajar Diploma Mass Comm. More on my experience menjadi pelajar Diploma Mass Comm in the coming weeks. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment