Thursday, May 27, 2010

A geeky TV junkie’s life

25.5.2010 7.06 p.m

Dalam beberapa hari lagi, bulan 5 akan menutup tirai and hello the month of June. Signaling that there is not much time left for me to spend on doing what I love the most, sitting in front of the television and watching interesting programs that Astro has to offer through the available channels. Menonton TV memang dah jadi satu lumrah bagi aku. It is also one of the main reasons for me to pursue my studies in broadcasting. It is because there are so many interesting programs that you can do or cover. It is up to one’s creativity to do it. Sepanjang cuti ni, I got the opportunity to watch several shows that I like and follows it. Ketika semester lalu, I did not get the chance to do it, so this semester break is the only period of time that I can use untuk melihatnya.

Ada beberapa rancangan di TV that caught my eyes in certain channels yang aku sering ikuti. I am a huge follower of the Learning Channels at Astro, which are Discovery Channels, National Geographic and in certain channels yang aku sering ikuti. I am a huge follower of the Learning Channels at Astro, which are Discovery Channels, National Geographic and in certain channels yang aku sering ikuti. I am a huge follower of the Learning Channels at Astro, in particular Discovery Channel, National Geographic and the History Channel. It satisfied the inner geek in me and also kerana rancangan-rancangan yang ada sangat menarik dan ada entertainment value. I always watch documentaries or shows that gain my interest, but there are several shows that I watched a lot simply because they are awesome show dari segala aspek produksi. Some of the shows that I frequently watch on these channels are:

a) Mythbusters

Hands down, the best show that combines science and entertainment perfectly at the same time. It aired daily on the Discovery Channel. Objektif rancangan ini sangat simple, menguji myths yang ada dalam kehidupan seharian kita secara saintifik. With colorful characters such as Jamie, Adam, Tori, Grant and Kari, it adds the entertainment factor to the show. I just look forward to every episode of this show because it will showcase myths that will be tested with sometimes surprising result in store and also the humour provided by the casts.

b) Ghost Lab

It is a new show on the Discovery Channel but it is rated very high in my book. Ia banyak berkaitan dari segi aktiviti paranormal. Namun, what makes it unique is that they approach the paranormal phenomenon in a very scientific way. Tiada unsur-unsur merepek atau meraban yang digunapakai. Instead, they use science thoroughly. Each episode, mereka akan menguji satu teori berkaitan dengan alam paranormal and put it up to the test. Aku memang seorang yang gemar dengan subjek sebegini and the whole concept of the show really intrigue and excite me. Selain itu, benda-benda ghaib yang ada dalam rancangan ni memang betul. Naik meremang bulu roma juga la bila tengok cerita ni.

c) Swords: Life on the Line

Satu lagi show baru from Discovery Channel. It simply tells the story and journey of several people who literally put their life on the line swordfishing at the Grand Banks yang terletak di perairang Utara Atlantik. I sangat terkenal kerana it is one of the most treacherous waters on this planet. Melihatkan perit jerih mereka menangkap ikan untuk menampung kehidupan mereka is an inspiring thing to watch. It also reminds me that men can go to such lengths and depths in doing such extraordinary things.

Selain daripada shows di atas, I also watch several specials on these channels. What makes me want to watch it is because these shows have evolved from the old days of boring documentaries with boring commentaries to a much more engaging products yang memenuhi taste viewers and also open their eyes to a lot of things in this amazing world that they live in. Aku ingin sekali produce products or shows seumpama ini because banyak benda yang boleh ditonjolkan yang ada dalam negara ni. Cuma the way it supposed to be showed should be more creative and appeal to the masses, bukan sekadar syok sendiri sahaja.

Au Revoir for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment