Thursday, May 20, 2010

The day I lost nearly 200+gb of memories in my life...

17.5.2010 9.11 p.m.

My psychiatrist says that it is best to express your sadness rather that to hold it on to yourself. Well, this is the expression of that sadness and most of it involves the huge lost of sweet memories of my life. That unfortunate incident happened on 15th of May 2010.

That was he day that will forever remain in the realm of my memories as one of THE WORST days of my life. The day I lost my freakin external hard drive. Perkara yang sangat menyakitkan dan melukakan hati yang amat sangat. Aku sangat frustrated kerana it was my fault and my fault only. Bukan salah orang lain ataupun faktor-faktor luaran yang mendorong kepada kehilangan ini. api bila difikirkan balik, maybe it is fated and like my late mum always said, ada hikmah di sebalik setiap kejadian itu.

But still, aku still amat terkilan kerana ada banyak sangat files and folders dalam hard disk tu yang aku amat2 cherish and sangat terasa kehilangannya. Some of the folders are (I had to express it, kalu tak it will haunt me):

1.Fireuz4125's Pictures

For me, the most important folder yang aku ada. Containing semua work aku with my D40 cameras, all the pictures during school days, diploma days and even degree days, all family events that I had covered, and my wallpaper collections. It is really depressing because I know that it is impossible to recover it in one way or another.

2. Fireuz4125's Music

All of my music collections that I had collected since 2006, gone just like that. As a music lover, it is very sad indeed disebabkan banyak lagu-lagu yang susah nak dicari dah tiada dalam posession. Yang paling terkilan of course my complete Slipknot and Linkin Park discographies, as well as selected albums yang aku gemar. The JukeBox collections of nearly 1000+ songs are also gone.

3. Fireuz4125's Video

Another folder containing lots and lots of videos that I had collected since 2006. From movies to music videos to Korean programs, semua hilang. It is sad because I had put so much hours in collecting all of this stuffs. Not to forget all of my video projects from diploma and degree, including the freakin talk show. Damn, that really is a sad thing for sure.

Kalau nak cerita, memang ada banyak lagi folder dalam hard disk tu yang aku nak ceritakan, but I think these three folders is the most significant ones because it contains memories of my past, present and perhaps future. Thank god I have enough amount of courage to overcome this huge letdown. Perhaps it is best to fill that empty memories with new and refreshing ones. Here's hopin for it to come true.

Au Revoir, mon ami. ;)

Notakecil:

- Contemplating of cutting short of his work trip because of all of this f-ed up mess. A friend's quote, "Chill lah" really came to my mind.

- Embracing the use of emoticons because it is the most simple way to express one's feelings.

- The World Cup beckons and here's hoping for a footballing miracle or two.

- WWE programming looks to be as solid as ever this year. More of that in the coming entries.

- Maybe just his feelings but maybe, just maybe that he is struck by the cupid again.

- I am starting to fulfill my own pledge of a blog entry per day, to make up to all of the days that gone by without one during the earlier parts of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment