Tuesday, December 15, 2009

(Bola Sepak) Perihal Tiga Generasi Peminat Bola Sepak

10.17 p.m. 14.12.2009

Alhamdulillah. Ketika entri ini ditulis, Malaysia baru sahaja layak beraksi di Final bola sepak Sukan SEA, beating the home team, Laos with 3 goals to 1. For the first time in 8 years, Malaysia has the chance to fight for the football gold. Kali terakhir was back in 2001, ketika KL menjadi tuan rumah sukan serantau ni. I was cautious at first tetapi apabila melihat kesungguhan pemain-pemain kebangsaan, aku rasa agak optimis yang Malaysia mampu mengakhiri kemarau 20 tahun tanpa emas dari sukan bola sepak.

But that wasn’t my main point of this entry. What I would like to share adalah semangat passionate terhadap bola sepak yang tersemat dalam keluarga aku. The best part about the match that I mentioned earlier was I watched it alongside my grandfather. He is a huge football fan. Tak kiralah kalau dapat tengok bola sepak peringkat manapun, from peringkat antara kampung, sampailah ke BPL, he would follow the match with huge interest, walaupun he is well into his 80’s now. Tadi pun, aku alongside atuk was in full support of the national team. The weird thing is that the last time this happened was back in 2001, during the same leg of the competition featuring Malaysia. Guess that things can happen twice in a lifetime after all.

Bila bercerita tentang pasukan kegemaran, selain Malaysia, atuk aku gemar melihat pasukan Arsenal. This is because they always pass the ball around, something that my grandfather said to be the most essential and the right way to play football. Hurts me a bit, considering the fact that I’m a Red Devil at heart. Mujurla di kampung ada Astro, so tetiap hujung minggu memang atuk aku layan bola BPL, if berkesempatan.

My dad also likes football, although not as passionate as my grandfather. My dad minat bola on an average level only. But still he watches football with me sometimes, if only the match itself is entertaining. Pak Long aku agak passionate tentang bola. Zaman dia dulu boleh dikatakan he was one of the most fierced player in the Muar district. Sayangnya, he chose to be a police instead of being a football player. Pasukan kegemarannya is Chelsea and favorite striker is of course, Didier Drogba.

Di kalangan generasi aku pula, nearly all of my male cousins are into football. And the range of football team yang disokong varies dari Johor FC sampaila ke Barcelona. Memang kalau ada big game masa berkmpul ramai-ramai di kampung, semua will be glued to the TV set watching the game. Joy of victory, pain of defeat, all kinds of emotion will be experienced once you watch a football match at the Basiron household alongside the Basiron clan.

Penat pula tangan ni menaip. Until next time.

Au Revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment